Somewhere between Stacia's post HERE and Kelly's post HERE, I am have become one big weeping sap over my babies growing up. It's also Kristin's fault for posting that video :)
It's amazing how many emotions are tied into seeing your babies grow up. I, for one, already have empty nest syndrome and my second baby is still considered a newborn, YIKES!
On the days when Dallyn's colick is really taking a toll on all of us, it's so hard to keep perspective and remember just how long this will actually last. The lead singer from Hootie and the Blowfish (Darius Rucker) just released a new song called "It won't be like this for long". If you haven't heard it......LISTEN TO IT. It's one of those songs that makes you wake a sleeping baby just so that you can hold them for a little bit longer. The part of that song that really gets me is the last when he talks about laying down besides the little girl until her eyes are finally closed. I used to dread putting Jayda to sleep, it was absolutely torture for me to lay next ot her for hours. I kept thinking of all the things I needed to do. But now I really cherish being able to put her to sleep, it's turned into one of my favorite parts of the day. My other favorite is when I get to put Dallyn to sleep. Jayda piles up all of her books upstairs next to the rocking chair and we rock and read while Dallyn falls asleep in my arms. It truly is the greatest thing in my whole life, I have everything I hold dear in my arms. I read every page, never skipping one or stopping unless she falls asleep(which happens every once in a while). And like Alexandra, Jayda has a signature sleeping que. She will grab my ears and rub them until she is completely out. I am going to die a little inside the day that she stops doing that while going to sleep. When she sneaks in our bed lated at night I usually don't even know she is there until she grabs my ears sweetly and snuggles in with me.
One of Jayda's favorite books is "I am Positive". The first line in the book is "I can make today the best day ever by the things that I say and the things that I do" We read it every morning when she gets up and I swear to her to make today the best day ever. My baby's infancy and toddler hood are too short to not paint one more picture, or chase her around the house one more time. I can't imagine my life without tea parties, finger painting, water fights, trampoline jumping and more crayons that I count. But I know that day is going to happen a lot sooner than I would like it to so for now i am going to let her pick out her dress in the morning and not grumble under my breath because it's the same dress she's worn for the last 5 days (you would think I would stop washing it so I could tell it's dirty!). I am going to relish in our arguments about who loves who more and not nag her for telling me "No Mom, you listen to me. I love YOU more more more more".
And my sweet little chucky man, it's REALLY hard to see him grow so fast. He is already in 6-9 month sleepers because the kid is LONG. He has had a rough first few months of life. He's so sensitve but when he is happy, there is no sweeter smile! And thankfully those smiles are now pretty much a constant when he is awake. Every time I rock him to sleep, i get a little weepy thinking about how long that will last. I wish i could be able to rock him to sleep on my chest so little and small until he goes off to college.
It's amazing how many emotions are tied into seeing your babies grow up. I, for one, already have empty nest syndrome and my second baby is still considered a newborn, YIKES!
On the days when Dallyn's colick is really taking a toll on all of us, it's so hard to keep perspective and remember just how long this will actually last. The lead singer from Hootie and the Blowfish (Darius Rucker) just released a new song called "It won't be like this for long". If you haven't heard it......LISTEN TO IT. It's one of those songs that makes you wake a sleeping baby just so that you can hold them for a little bit longer. The part of that song that really gets me is the last when he talks about laying down besides the little girl until her eyes are finally closed. I used to dread putting Jayda to sleep, it was absolutely torture for me to lay next ot her for hours. I kept thinking of all the things I needed to do. But now I really cherish being able to put her to sleep, it's turned into one of my favorite parts of the day. My other favorite is when I get to put Dallyn to sleep. Jayda piles up all of her books upstairs next to the rocking chair and we rock and read while Dallyn falls asleep in my arms. It truly is the greatest thing in my whole life, I have everything I hold dear in my arms. I read every page, never skipping one or stopping unless she falls asleep(which happens every once in a while). And like Alexandra, Jayda has a signature sleeping que. She will grab my ears and rub them until she is completely out. I am going to die a little inside the day that she stops doing that while going to sleep. When she sneaks in our bed lated at night I usually don't even know she is there until she grabs my ears sweetly and snuggles in with me.
One of Jayda's favorite books is "I am Positive". The first line in the book is "I can make today the best day ever by the things that I say and the things that I do" We read it every morning when she gets up and I swear to her to make today the best day ever. My baby's infancy and toddler hood are too short to not paint one more picture, or chase her around the house one more time. I can't imagine my life without tea parties, finger painting, water fights, trampoline jumping and more crayons that I count. But I know that day is going to happen a lot sooner than I would like it to so for now i am going to let her pick out her dress in the morning and not grumble under my breath because it's the same dress she's worn for the last 5 days (you would think I would stop washing it so I could tell it's dirty!). I am going to relish in our arguments about who loves who more and not nag her for telling me "No Mom, you listen to me. I love YOU more more more more".
And my sweet little chucky man, it's REALLY hard to see him grow so fast. He is already in 6-9 month sleepers because the kid is LONG. He has had a rough first few months of life. He's so sensitve but when he is happy, there is no sweeter smile! And thankfully those smiles are now pretty much a constant when he is awake. Every time I rock him to sleep, i get a little weepy thinking about how long that will last. I wish i could be able to rock him to sleep on my chest so little and small until he goes off to college.

2 comments:
Ha--now you got me too! I don't know what it is lately. It seems like Charlie's newborn days are just a massive blur and now he's on the verge of walking. What happened? And look at Dallyn! When did he get so big, so expressive? Such a smiling cutie. I am not even going to go into how huge Jayda looks and how depressed I am at not being able to hold Mr. Grumpy---while he was grumpy. I miss you and your gang, more than words can say.....
Thanks Ashley for posting this... I needed this today!
Post a Comment