Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Great Grandma, Nanny

On thursday of last week my mom, Jayda and I went to visit my great grandmother (Jayda's Great Great) in her nursing home in Worland. She is so sweet. She has alzheimer's so our conversations always run along the same lines but they are so sweet. Every since I can remember her she has loved stuffed animals, any kind really as long as someone she loves get them for her. When she moved into her "apartment" in the nursing home my family brought all of her favorites. Her first statement when we get there is how she keeps getting all of those stuffed animals from her loved ones. She doesn't really remember the specific of our lives, and most of the time I am my sister but it's sweet to see her face light up when she sees us. This time we took Jayda too and she had a great time playing with her. Jayda really enjoyed her too. I am really thankful that we get to spend some time with her, she won't be around forever. She will be 89 in August and her health is ok except for her disease. She asks every 5 minutes how many more days until the baby will be born, and then makes my mom and I promise that someone will either call or send her a card when Dallyn is born. Here are some pictures of Jayda loving on her! They really had a great time together!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

These are such sweet photos!!

Glad yo had a nice visit!!

Miss you!

Tonya Staab said...

What sweet moments to remember. I'm so glad that you captured these moments on the camera.

Jayda is getting more and more beautiful. Look at her hair, it's just gorgeous.