Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Your kidding...

4 Months Old


It's been so long, it's going to take me a while to catch up. So for now I will just post about my littlest princess, she is just growing so fast. She is 4 months old but I feel like she has always been here and a part of my family. It pulls my heart strings to even think about her not being here today.

She is such an amazing baby, I have never seen a baby just so dang happy. She reminds me (ok, all of my kids do) that life is sweet and we need to enjoy every moment. You barely even have to glance her way and she goes crazy with happiness. I love her emotions, she feels everything to an extreme. When she is happy, it starts in her cheeks and pretty soon her whole body is smiling. She straightens her legs (which makes her little baby rolls on her thighs absolutely adorable) and her toes spray out like peacock feathers. Her hands roll up into little fists and her face....oh her sweet face. She smiles so wide, you'd be able to count all of her teeth if she had any. She smiles so hard that her face wrinkles and I'm pretty sure she can't even see what she started smiling at.
She really is a super easy going kid, she wakes up super happy (and late....SO awesome, now if she could only get her siblings on board) and she goes to bed happy. She also has been an amazing sleeper for the most part. We went on vacation when she turned 2 months and came back around 31/2 months. She was so easy the whole time....my family got to really enjoy her and that makes my heart happy. When we got back she started falling asleep on her own in her crib. AMAZING. And what a break for me. Night time is such a special thing with the older two, I would hate to have to cut some of their bedtime rituals short. Although I will be even happier when she is old enough to join us,



She's started hitting those amazingly cute baby milestones these last few weeks. 4weeks ago she rolled over for the first time and now we can't keep her in one place. She will roll all over the living room if left to her own devices. She's also really started scooting when she is on her stomach. She gets up on her knees and pretty much plows her face over the carpet. I'm really hoping she will start picking up her top half soon. She also has discovered how to use those beautiful little chubby hands. She grabs anything within her reach and boy does she hold on tight. Her favorite toy is a teething giraffe that was Jayda's as a baby. It's amazing to see her playing with it, it instantly flashes me back 4 years to my little Jayda-bug. They look so alike. Although I think that Skye's reddish-blonde hair is going to keep it's color. Her eyebrows are an adorable shade of orange...absolutely adorable.

She is growing like weed. Last week she had her4 month appointment. She is a string bean tipping the scales at14lbs and 26 inches long (50% for weight and 75% for height). She is mainly in 9 month clothes because she has a super long torso. She is absolutely perfect :-)

She has brought so much to our lives, she fits in our family and I think the verdict is in.....she's ours to keep.

1 comment:

Mrs Mar said...

Sounds like she is the best little baby ever. She is such a cutie.