Thursday, September 16, 2010

We did it.

We did it, we survived this last year. At the beginning of it (beginning of September 2009) I wasn't so sure all of us were going to make it out alive (or sane.) But we did (thanks to some amazing friends and family), and we are all much happier and closer because of it. I will never forget how I worried, cried a little and kept obsessing over how we were all going to make it. And even though it was one of the hardest years of my life, I've realized what makes me happy, who makes me happy and what is really important. And I've realised that I was made to have a big family. A huge Navy family, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm am incredibly proud of my husband, he sacrifices so much for us and our great nation. But I am really really really really glad he will be home longer than two months this time.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

Ahhhh what a wonderful family you have Ashley!! You are an amazing Mom!!!! (((((HUGS))))))

Ashley said...

Ah, thanks Dana. I can say the exact same thing about you :-) I have some wonderful friends!