My children are incredibly lucky, there are so many people who love them. And the feeling is totally mutual. Not only do they have a whole handful of grandparents (that they adore), they have two pairs of absolutely amazing GREAT grandparents that love them and love to spoil them. Jayda, Dallyn, Skye and I were lucky enough to be able to steal Bryan's grandmother, Jan, and take her on a road trip with us! I must say, she is one of my favorite people in the whole world. I can see why Gary and the rest of the family adores her so much. She has so much energy and such a positive attitude. And it doesn't hurt that she unconditionally loves my children either. It made my heart happy seeing them getting so much love and attention from her. And I know it made Bryan happy too. It's so important to me that my kids have people who just love being around them. Especially since we live so far away from all of our family, the time that my kids with family is special and it makes me really emotional to have others who feel the same way. I grew up in a family that ALWAYS puts kids in the center of attention. They are a mother(grandmother....ect)s center of the world and it's crazy to me that there are others who aren't like that. But Jan is, and that's one of the reasons I'm happy she is my grandmother in law. I've never gotten to spend more than a few hours with her at a time and I'm really glad we got to spend that time together and finally (after Bryan and I being together almost 8 years) get to know each other.
I also need to shout out to Joe and Cindy Pinner.....thank you so much! I really enjoyed getting to be able to spend that time with her and I know the kids did too. Thanks for helping it be possible (and for picking her up in middle of the night....I'm going to triple check AM or PM next time I book a flight, hehe)
2 comments:
Sounds like you have a GRATE family. I think it is grate when kids get to know there grategranparents and even more if they still have the energy to play with them.
LOL at the AM PM thing, guess i am glad over here people use the 24 hour clock makes it hard to miss that one.
Just re-reading some of your blogs Ashley! I agree with what someone said, you always have something interesting and fun to say. It's not just that, it's that you have such a stunningly beautiful way of looking at the events around you and explaining them. You just make people happy when they read your stuff.
Jan is one of the most wonderful people I've ever known. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.
It was definitely Cindy's & my pleasure to help out wherever we can. You can always call on us Ashley.
Post a Comment