Saturday, September 11, 2010

Big Things

It's crazy how time won't stop for anyone...especially not a mother of three who REALLY REALLY wants to capture all of our fun moments and big milestones. And it seems like lately there have been some big milestones happening around the griffin house. And I'm not doing so good with keeping up with all of them.


Firstly....my baby girl started her second year of pre-school. She was SO excited. She has the best teacher and is in the same class as one of her many besties so she was pumped. And in true little 4 year old girl style she spent an hour picking out what she wanted to wear. Pretty cute, for the first 5 minutes anyway. She did great, went right in, put her bag and coat in her cubby and ran right off to the circle. This year she will be going M-W-F from 9:15-12:15. Right now Skye sleeps all morning so this will get to be my special time with Dallyn and I'm pretty excited about it. He's got such a fun energetic personality. He really shines when he gets all the attention, lol. I'm also excited that she will get to learn some new things. She's recently hit a phase where all she wants to do is spell things.....and it's fun. But I'm also really excited for her to spell with Ms. Ruby for a little bit during the day :-) My brain can only spell banana so many times before it starts crumble like cheese.

And in other news....Dallyn has started potty training. Finally. Don't get me wrong, that kid is great. He has some amazing characteristics but he is STUBBORN. And if he doesn't want to do something...he just won't. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. But he's finally decided it was ok to give in and start. So far we're only ok if he's naked, home and not playing outside. But we're working on it. And god love his pediatrician. We had a great conversation about mothers who potty train early but really are just training themselves to nag their kids about going potty. Love that woman. She also made me feel a million times better by telling me that her sons weren't completely trained until 3. Phew...big load off of my shoulders!!

And lastly....my daughter has enough hair for a pony tail. Oh happy day :-) I always thought I would have little bald babies (ok, so Dallyn was, but whatever).


So that is not even close to all of the crazy things going on in this house but hopefully I will catch up. Slowly but surely. But I got all 3 kids in bed before 8pm tonight and I'm off to enjoy some crappy tv.

1 comment:

Mrs Mar said...

Crappy TV is ALWAYS grate when the kids are in bed.

Looks Like Jayda injoys Pre-school, Love the sign you made her.

Whooo on Dellyn wanting to potty train. Hope it gose fast.

Skye, is such a cute. Love her pony tail