
Life is good around the Griffin house. We are all pretty adjusted to being a family of 5...slowly getting our routine down. At first it took me 15 minutes to load everyone in the car, now it is a fine tuned procedure that I have perfect in 5 minutes (barring no little kids are playing outside when we leave). My birthday was a few days ago, Mr. Griffin was gone on my actual birthday so we celebrated the weekend before with him. He made me an AWESOME birthday cake...I'll be dreaming about this cake for months. (see picture below...he really DOES cook/bake, he even made the frosting thanks to my friend!). We spent the weekend playing with the kids and just hanging out.

MY grandparents (Jayda and Dallyn's GREAT grandparents) drove down on Sunday from Wyoming. They were just dying to meet Skye and couldn't wait until July. It was perfect timing, we all got super sick on Monday. LOL. I was so glad they were here....I couldn't barely get off the couch let a lone take care of three kids by myself. Even though we were all pretty out of it we had a great time. I am so blessed to have such an awesome family. They are the only people I know who can have a great time whatever they are doing. I really miss our big family get togethers and the mornings spent out on the porch after breakfast just enjoying everyone's company. I hope that even though we are far away my children will get to experience all of that and realize that is what life is about. When my (little) sister and I were young my grandparents watched us when my parents worked. They lived right up the road and we walked to their house quite a bit. I am so glad that they are still around and that my children get to be around them. They are wonderful people and have influenced me more than they will ever know. I love you GG and Codgy!


Skye is growing faster than I am ok with....the turkey! She got weighed today and she is almost 11lbs at 1 month. She is far surpassing her siblings as the biggest baby in our family. Her 0-3 month clothes were all getting too little so this last weekend I dragged out the 3-6 month clothes and she is already too long for some of them. Thank goodness none of the cute ones :-) It just kills me how fast she is growing...she is only one month old! It is amazing how fast they change, she is becoming so much more aware. She loves to smile at me and her daddy....not so much her siblings yet. I think it has to do with the fact that they never just look at her....they always have to kiss her face off! They are both still doing good considering how much our lives have changed. Dallyn has definitely been more needy, but I was expecting that considering how much of a momma's boy he was and is. And Jayda is loving being a big sister. She has become such a big girl these last few weeks!
On that note, I want to thank my amazing friends for giving little ms. Skye the hook up in clothes. She has so many adorable outfits that I might not have to do laundry for her until she is 1 :-) I love you guys!
2 comments:
sounds like things are going grate as a famly of 5.
BTW, I hope what i sent isn't too small by the time it arives, or at least that it arives soon, as it has been about 2 weeks already. LOL, at the rate she is growing who knows if it will fit her.
Such wonderful photos of GG and Skye! Wow!
Post a Comment