Friday, May 7, 2010

August 8th, 2009

I will remember this day forever. It started out really normal, got up and got the kids fed and bathed. I had an appointment to get some vaccinations and a birth control shot at my drs office. Everyone did great waiting to get called back, the kids watched a movie in the waiting room and had some snacks while I took my second pregnancy test (for the birth control shot). After the results came back they took me back to a room and I signed some consent forms for the shots and was explaining to Jayda that even though I was getting a shot, i was a big girl and it didn't hurt THAT bad. The nurse swabbed my arm with alcohol and then the lab tech came back in. She told the nurse to check some corrections made to my file. I giggled and joked to the nurse that I was pregnant....believing 100% that there was NO way I was pregnant. Well, we all know where this is going.

The next thing I know she is turning around from the computer telling me that we were going to have another baby. I immediately started bawling. BAWLING. I apparently was making quite a scene. Next thing I know they are ushering a counselor in the room with me. He (yes, it was a freaking HE) tried really hard to skate around the subject but when I wouldn't stop crying he asked if my husband was deployed and that was why I was upset (pretty much straight out asking me if I was cheating on my husband, lol). It shocked me so much I stopped crying. It definitely helped me look a little further than my own situation and realize it could have been A LOT worse. LOL! And then he started telling me about how I had a great reason now to get a kick ass min-van (his EXACT words, hand to God). It was then I realized I needed to get out of there and call my mommy.

And poor Bryan, and Kelly. And my little sister Hannah....and maybe susanna. I must have sounded like a hysterical crazy lady when I called them. I must have sat with the kids in the car of the parking lot of the dr.s office for two hours trying to get a hold of my husband and calling all of my support people in between attempts.

I will never forget my husband's reaction. It brings me to tears to even think about it. We both were done...DONE...having kids. We were so content with Jayda and Dallyn. We had talked and talked and decided to not have anymore. I thought he would be just as devastated as I was. But the first thing out of his mouth was "It's going to be ok, in a year we will look back and laugh about how we lived with out he/her."

And he was so right, I am so glad he knocked me up. I love my 3 babies more than anything and I can't imagine life without Skye. She really does complete our family and I cannot get over how much we all love her. I feel like I am finally getting to enjoy a newborn too. With Dallyn we drove a 2 day drive when he was 7 days old and the stress from that and leaving my family really took a toll on me. And then when he became really colicky it just made it even worse. I didn't get that time to snuggle him and enjoy our nursing time. And with Jayda we were both first time parents and so uptight like all new parents! We enjoyed her but our priorities were a little different. This time I feel like these last two weeks were spent enjoying my new baby. I've gotten to sit on the couch and just love and hold her. It makes me just glow, corny but it's true. I'm one happy momma. And now that all of my help has gone back to Wyoming and work I'm excited to adjust to our new family. Today was my first day with all three of them and I have to say it was pretty awesome. It's amazing how much three little people can make your day shine.

1 comment:

The Killingbecks said...

You really need to put a warning on these posts. You an amazing mother. You have an amazing husband who knew the right words to say. After being married 13 years, I can honestly say that does not happen very often!

You guys are blessed and so are we. Happy Mothers Day!

Thanks for letting me snuggle her last night!