I just love my kids....really....I mean really really!! Here is an up to date post of where they are in their amazing little lives.
Our first big "NEW" thing in our little family is bed time....I've never been one of those mom's who have looked forward to bedtime. When Jayda was little she needed me and I was totally ok with that. It was our special time together and I still don't regret how I put her to sleep for three years. I get really emotional thinking about how it bonded her and I together by sleeping in the same bed every night. Dallyn on the other hand was a NIGHTMARE. He only would sleep on me and would only sleep for 45 minutes and wake up as soon as his sleep cycle was starting over....NIGHTMARE!!! In march I had had enough and let Dallyn CIO. It worked like a charm. My colicky baby now lays down in his crib, grabs his blanket and passes out for the whole night. And my co-sleeping 3 year old? Well she now is in her own bed too. One night we decided to let her go to bed on her own. We read her stories, gave her kisses and he mickey and walked out of the room. That little turkey never even made a peep. For 3 years I second guessed myself thinking that she was NEVER goign to sleep on her own, let alone all the way through the night. Now both of my children are asleep 30 minutes after starting the bedtime routine....HEAVEN!!! And the best part is that they both sleep all the way through the night. I almost feel my brain cells starting to revive themselves. It's amazing how much of a difference a good nights sleep makes!


Jayda has been growing a lot this month, she is definitely coming out of her shell. She will play with new kids at the playground and loves playing with the big kids down the street. She is starting to draw really well too. She can draw all of the letters (if I tell her how) and she can draw people really well. We have them everywhere....she is so insistent that we hang them up and give them names, so cute! She is very careful to give them hair, ears, eyebrows, tongues and is now starting to draw clothes. Today she drew me and made sure I realized that she drew me little because "You are skinny like me!!" she said. I love that kid!!
Dallyn is crazy, he is going to kill me! I always knew boys were different by JEEZ!!! Having my sweet, mild tempered Jayda did NOT prepare me for this wild thing. He is already skilled at climbing anything he can get his leg up on and just today he learned to turn on his belly and slide off the couch. He is starting to walk and has no fear most of the time. A few days ago he was walking through the kitched and tripped and landed right on the computer tower. He has a lovely dent in his forehead to remind me everytime I look at him. He is starting to talk and it's so adorable, especially with all those teeth he has. He is just getting #8. At this age Jayda had 3....LOL!!
We are keeping them busy between the beach, pool and friends. Dallyn and Jayda both love the beach, mommy not so much. It's fun to take them though, they have such a blast and are happy for a few hours playing by themselves. I learned not to let Dallyn in the water, he won't come out! Last time I had to drag him out because he was shivering and turning blue but he still cried to go back in!!
Well, that's our new stuff....well some of it! life is busy, crazy and absolutely amazing for us right now.
Our first big "NEW" thing in our little family is bed time....I've never been one of those mom's who have looked forward to bedtime. When Jayda was little she needed me and I was totally ok with that. It was our special time together and I still don't regret how I put her to sleep for three years. I get really emotional thinking about how it bonded her and I together by sleeping in the same bed every night. Dallyn on the other hand was a NIGHTMARE. He only would sleep on me and would only sleep for 45 minutes and wake up as soon as his sleep cycle was starting over....NIGHTMARE!!! In march I had had enough and let Dallyn CIO. It worked like a charm. My colicky baby now lays down in his crib, grabs his blanket and passes out for the whole night. And my co-sleeping 3 year old? Well she now is in her own bed too. One night we decided to let her go to bed on her own. We read her stories, gave her kisses and he mickey and walked out of the room. That little turkey never even made a peep. For 3 years I second guessed myself thinking that she was NEVER goign to sleep on her own, let alone all the way through the night. Now both of my children are asleep 30 minutes after starting the bedtime routine....HEAVEN!!! And the best part is that they both sleep all the way through the night. I almost feel my brain cells starting to revive themselves. It's amazing how much of a difference a good nights sleep makes!
Jayda has been growing a lot this month, she is definitely coming out of her shell. She will play with new kids at the playground and loves playing with the big kids down the street. She is starting to draw really well too. She can draw all of the letters (if I tell her how) and she can draw people really well. We have them everywhere....she is so insistent that we hang them up and give them names, so cute! She is very careful to give them hair, ears, eyebrows, tongues and is now starting to draw clothes. Today she drew me and made sure I realized that she drew me little because "You are skinny like me!!" she said. I love that kid!!
Dallyn is crazy, he is going to kill me! I always knew boys were different by JEEZ!!! Having my sweet, mild tempered Jayda did NOT prepare me for this wild thing. He is already skilled at climbing anything he can get his leg up on and just today he learned to turn on his belly and slide off the couch. He is starting to walk and has no fear most of the time. A few days ago he was walking through the kitched and tripped and landed right on the computer tower. He has a lovely dent in his forehead to remind me everytime I look at him. He is starting to talk and it's so adorable, especially with all those teeth he has. He is just getting #8. At this age Jayda had 3....LOL!!
We are keeping them busy between the beach, pool and friends. Dallyn and Jayda both love the beach, mommy not so much. It's fun to take them though, they have such a blast and are happy for a few hours playing by themselves. I learned not to let Dallyn in the water, he won't come out! Last time I had to drag him out because he was shivering and turning blue but he still cried to go back in!!
Well, that's our new stuff....well some of it! life is busy, crazy and absolutely amazing for us right now.
2 comments:
Hi Ashley!
Love the pictures of your babies sleeping, thanks for sharing! You're scaring me with the "boys are different" story about Dallyn - everyone keeps telling me that! (Turner is now 6 months old and Hailey is also so calm and sweet. Oh oh!)
Take care -
Kelly in AZ
Isn't it grate when they are sleeping, Marlene STILL dosn't sleep through the night, but we have her in her room most night till the moring. Cuties.
Post a Comment