Sunday, May 10, 2009

My life

Today was a celebration of my life. Not my past or my future, but my here and now life......my kids and being their mother.

A while ago someone I know was talking about "just being a mom" and it was said in a way that made my skin crawl. I couldn't figure out why it was so wrong to be "just a mom". Today, building sand castles on the beach and swinging my babies in a swing brought it home to me. I NEED to just be a mom. My kids need ME to be THEIR mom. And I am totally ok with just being their mom. There is nothing else I would rather be in the whole world.

And thank you mom, for being the best and always being there for me even though there are 1,400 miles between us. I love you and thank god every day you are in my life!

3 comments:

Felicitas Rayray said...

it is the hardest job in the world, but the best isn't. I actually wish that I could just be a mom! loves!

Ashley said...

Oh no, I didn't mean having a job. the lady I was talking to was more meaning never having time for herself and having to devote all of her time to her children. It was her argument for not having more than one child....she didn't want to become just a "mom". Weird huh? I'm totally not judging her not having more children, but it really stuck in my craw!

Trey's Mommy said...

I agree! I LOVE being "just a mom" it allows me to Focus on being Trey's Mommy! Allows me to build wonderful memories!!!