Here it is, the last birth story I will ever write.
Saturday night I started having consistent contractions around 7pm....they were about six minutes apart but not painful. Around 10pm I decided to take a shower and hit the sack and if they got painful enough to wake me up then we would head in. Dallyn's labor was only an hour and twenty minutes from the first strong contraction until he was born so my midwife stressed that I should come in to labor and delivery when they became consistent. We headed to the hospital around 3:30am. They were still pretty mild so they gave me two options....1)go walk around the hospital until they became stronger or 2) break my water and get things rolling so that I wouldn't have a baby in my kitchen! I choose the second option. By the time I got admitted, my epidural (which really was the best part) and the dr came into break my water it was around 7am. My contractions were still very mild and even after they broke my water I couldn't feel a difference. I had the most amazing epidural EVER...I love that dr. I could feel everything, every contraction, my toes and everything that mattered. I didn't want the completely numb feeling, I was even able to hold my legs up when I pushed. But it took just enough edge off of the contractions that I was able to talk and not be completely consumed by the pain. But it was really nice being able to still feel the pain and most of the different sensations that come along with the different stages of labor. Around 8:30 I met the midwives that had just changed shifts, when they(it was two women, one was earning her midwife license) I was at 6cm. They left and before the nurse left my room she told me to roll over, sometimes changing positions helps move things along. She went out to grab me some ice water and when she came back I told her I was definitely feeling more pressure. Before I know it the midwives are running around telling me not to push because she is RIGHT there and the nurses are trying to wake Bryan up. He made it just in time and she was born in one push at 8:40am. By FAR the easiest labor I have had, and definitely the most enjoyable. Who would of thought I could carry and birth an 8lb baby....I had NO idea I had that in there...LOL!!
Saturday night I started having consistent contractions around 7pm....they were about six minutes apart but not painful. Around 10pm I decided to take a shower and hit the sack and if they got painful enough to wake me up then we would head in. Dallyn's labor was only an hour and twenty minutes from the first strong contraction until he was born so my midwife stressed that I should come in to labor and delivery when they became consistent. We headed to the hospital around 3:30am. They were still pretty mild so they gave me two options....1)go walk around the hospital until they became stronger or 2) break my water and get things rolling so that I wouldn't have a baby in my kitchen! I choose the second option. By the time I got admitted, my epidural (which really was the best part) and the dr came into break my water it was around 7am. My contractions were still very mild and even after they broke my water I couldn't feel a difference. I had the most amazing epidural EVER...I love that dr. I could feel everything, every contraction, my toes and everything that mattered. I didn't want the completely numb feeling, I was even able to hold my legs up when I pushed. But it took just enough edge off of the contractions that I was able to talk and not be completely consumed by the pain. But it was really nice being able to still feel the pain and most of the different sensations that come along with the different stages of labor. Around 8:30 I met the midwives that had just changed shifts, when they(it was two women, one was earning her midwife license) I was at 6cm. They left and before the nurse left my room she told me to roll over, sometimes changing positions helps move things along. She went out to grab me some ice water and when she came back I told her I was definitely feeling more pressure. Before I know it the midwives are running around telling me not to push because she is RIGHT there and the nurses are trying to wake Bryan up. He made it just in time and she was born in one push at 8:40am. By FAR the easiest labor I have had, and definitely the most enjoyable. Who would of thought I could carry and birth an 8lb baby....I had NO idea I had that in there...LOL!!
2 comments:
Man... I am jealous of your birth story ;o). My first went a little like that... Not so much with the second.
Gotta love those one push 8 pound babies! Ian was right there with her...maybe they talked when in the womb! :)
Post a Comment