I can finally breath, my best friend is home. I've been sitting on this post for a while, it's hard for me to describe how amazing it is to be "whole" again. I have some amazing friends who did a great job of filling such big shoes, but really there is no comparison. Especially considering they weren't the ones who knocked me up :-)
I really feel as if I have been holding my breath for six months. It's like if I really sat back and realized what was going on I would have gone insane or had a panic attack. Thankfully, he was able to be here to help out a lot while I was really sick in the beginning of this pregnancy. He left when I was 12 weeks....perfect timing. We seem to be good at timing these deployment babies. Although this is our LAST one....for sure. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Period. Every once in a while I throw myself a pity party....I haven't gotten to really enjoy the perks of being pregnant (other than eating whatever the hell I wanted...that I have thoroughly enjoyed and will miss in a few weeks). I haven't gotten to sit around and put my feet up. There was no breaks, naps while kids were awake (that I am admitting to anyway) or having mommy time while someone else puts them to bed. But honestly, it has made me so much more confident in myself and who I am as a person. I hear people complaining about their life and I realize how lucky I am to love everything about mine, even if there are a few parts that are tough to deal with. I'm so incredibly proud of my husband and I would and will continue to be here holding down the fort for him and our babies.
And so for a few months, I can breath. I will NOT think about the fact that he will be leaving again in a few months, or that he will be leaving me with a newborn, a toddler and a preschooler. That is stuff that I can deal with when it happens. I can add our new addition to our family whenever she wants to come (as long as she gives us enough warning to make it to the hospital!) And I can spend the next two months loving the 3 (almost 4) people I love more than anything in this world.

She was so excited to see her daddy!
I really feel as if I have been holding my breath for six months. It's like if I really sat back and realized what was going on I would have gone insane or had a panic attack. Thankfully, he was able to be here to help out a lot while I was really sick in the beginning of this pregnancy. He left when I was 12 weeks....perfect timing. We seem to be good at timing these deployment babies. Although this is our LAST one....for sure. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Period. Every once in a while I throw myself a pity party....I haven't gotten to really enjoy the perks of being pregnant (other than eating whatever the hell I wanted...that I have thoroughly enjoyed and will miss in a few weeks). I haven't gotten to sit around and put my feet up. There was no breaks, naps while kids were awake (that I am admitting to anyway) or having mommy time while someone else puts them to bed. But honestly, it has made me so much more confident in myself and who I am as a person. I hear people complaining about their life and I realize how lucky I am to love everything about mine, even if there are a few parts that are tough to deal with. I'm so incredibly proud of my husband and I would and will continue to be here holding down the fort for him and our babies.
And so for a few months, I can breath. I will NOT think about the fact that he will be leaving again in a few months, or that he will be leaving me with a newborn, a toddler and a preschooler. That is stuff that I can deal with when it happens. I can add our new addition to our family whenever she wants to come (as long as she gives us enough warning to make it to the hospital!) And I can spend the next two months loving the 3 (almost 4) people I love more than anything in this world.
She was so excited to see her daddy!




4 comments:
The kids look so happy to have there daddy back. You sound so relaxed and relived. Now injoy the last few weeks.
Oh and by the tital at first i thouht you had the baby then maybe that baby droped so you could litarlay breath better again.
I thought exactly what Marlis did: Your title made me think that baby girl dropped and you could now breathe again. :) Such a sweet post, such a sweet reunion. The pictures say everything. I am so happy you have your whole family together again. Everything is all set for baby #3 to make an entrance now---come on sweet baby, your whole family is waiting and here!
Yay, he's home. I am so happy for you and your family ;o)
So glad Bryan is home safe. You are such a strong, wife, mother and friend. I was just thinking back on your last 6 months and it has truly been a whirlwind. I remembered I called you the day you found out you were pregnant and you were telling me it was my fault:) can I still have her??:) You are truly blessed Ashley and such an amazing person! Love you!
Post a Comment