This is going to be the post of all posts....there is so much to catch up on and so much info you NEED to know about our lives. Need. That's right.
We are all healthy and thriving again...we all got the swine flu, lucky us. Thankfully it waited a few days after Halloween, I'm so happy my kids got to enjoy that cough/runny nose/fever free. Who knew we were all incubating a hurricane though! Monday I was sick, I got up off the couch 5 times that day to put Dallyn to bed, feed the kids and throw more cheerios in bowls to keep the kids off of me. Tuesday my savior came over and watched the kids while I hauled my sick ass to the ER at the Naval Hospital. Let me start off by saying that there were the hottest corpsman EVER at work on Tuesday morning...I hit the jack pot. Being that I was pregnant and having breathing difficulties I was put in a room right away and pretty much had constant attention until they admitted me to the hospital. I was sick, really sick. Thank goodness I listened to the nurse and went in, I almost just stayed home. I ended up catching pneumonia and my o2 levels were around 72%...not good for a preggo! But I got discharged the next day (Kelly had the kids the WHOLE time...she is amazing, I owe her A BIG ONE!!!!!). My mom flew out to help with the kids while I recooperated. Thank gosh because they both ended up catching the same thing. They were able to fight it off (eventually, that is one tough virus!) right before she had to fly home. Now we are all back to 100% and feeling good.
I don't know if my kids have really just become AWESOME this week or if it's because I am just remembering how they are when they are sick but they have been pretty cool. Tonight I was sad to tuck them in bed, they were having so much fun playing together and running around. I'm not sure when Dallyn turned into a big boy but he definitely did it behind my back, or while he was sleeping at night. He loves playing with the big kids and it's so fun watching him turn from a whiney, mommy obsessed baby to a really cool toddler. Today he sat in the driveway for an hour coloring with sidewalk chalk with the big kids in the neighborhood. Jayda has been pretty good with him to, she is really excited (a little too much) that he likes to wrestle with her. We have many a wrestling matches that end in someone crying but that's ok with me. I'm glad they are starting to enjoy each other more and more. Especially since they will really need that bond come next April!
Baby #3 is doing well, we should find out what the little booger is next Monday (the 23rd). It's a wild one already, at my last appointment it kicked the dr while she was listening to the heartbeat. She was pretty impressed that it was strong enough to do that since it's about the size of a potato, haha. Then she made a comment that I am probably feeding it pure caffeine (if she only knew how addicted to cherry coke I am) since I have been feeling it for about 3 weeks. Jayda has felt it a few times, she seems completely unimpressed. Although she is REALLY excited about having a new baby. She tells me that it will sleep in her room and she will feed, burp and bathe it. That being said, she means that she will do that if it's a girl....a boy and all bets are off. She really really wants a little sister so we will see if she gets what she wants. Bryan has his vote in for girl. I am torn, I would love either and am not really "feeling" like it's one or the other. I have all the boy stuff still but I do love purple. It's nice to not really have any pressure as to what it is. I know people always say that it doesn't matter but we all know that's not true. Even if it's just the pressure you put on yourself!
18 weeks

1 comment:
What a sweet blog! Please tell your hubby, thank you so much for his service. I'm proud to be an American because of our brave Military and their families. God bless you and your Family.
Post a Comment