Growing up in a small town there were definitely things that I took for granted. Now that I have had a chance to experience city life for the first time, I can't wait to move back to Wyoming for good and enjoy all those little things I took for granted.
This morning I was hanging clothes out on our line to dry and it was amazing. Just the smell brought me back to being a little girl too small to even reach the line without my trusty stool! It was so quite and peaceful, the only place I get to enjoy that is in the bathroom when I lock the doors!
We have ONE stop light in our town, and it doesn't even run 24/7. 10pm-6am it turns into a stop sign! I knew every single person's middle name in my class when I was in school.
A few days ago I got pulled over by a highway patrol (bad momma!!!) and the guy was a father of one of my friends........it's completely unheard of to get away with something bad without someone you know finding out. You also have to make sure you aren't nasty and smelly before going to the store to get something because you will know the checker, the bagger, the manager and all of the people behind and infront of you!
I had forgotten how much I loved small town life, I can't wait to be able to buy a house and become a part of the communtiy that I love and will love until the day I die. I wish I could bring all of my friends here and show them how life really should be. The only people here in a hurry or are grouches are all tourists, and the locals just laugh at them anyway. It definitely helps you slow down and enjoy the little things.
6 comments:
How lucky you were to be able to grow up in such a great community. I always wondered what it would be like to live in a small town, but I'm a product of big city life and have never lived anywhere besides San Diego.
I was raised in a small town too
(Coeur d" Alene Idaho). It is not as small as where you are but I really appreciate being raised in a small town.
We miss you!!
I LOVE the small town that I grew up in outside of Portland, Oregon. Everyone knew eachother and it had such a laid back feel.... We had to be careful though of our actions because chances were mom would find out about it before we were home from school!!
I miss the small town feel...I hope one day we will find it again and be able to raise Tatianna in a town like we had.... population 3000 people!! (Jason & I attended school together from 2nd grade all the way to graduation)
Miss you bunches and can't wait to meet that little boy of yours :)
xoxo
Karie
That was like my little town in Nebraska. Population 3000, including all of the cattle and pets everyone had too! :)
I miss my little town and hope that one day we will be able to introduce Tres to small town life. I try to live small town in a big city, but it's hard!
Enjoy your time home!!! Some for me too! Take Care and hope you are doing well!!!!
I've been a city girl my whole life but always wondered what it would be like in a small town. You gave it such a poetic description. :) I'm glad your trip back home is turning out to beautifully.
Like most of the other girls I've never lived in a small town. It fascinates me. I'm so glad that you are enjoying yourself while you are there.
Post a Comment