Tuesday, May 20, 2008

21 Hours......WE SURVIVED!!!

After Bryan's ship pulled out of the bay, we headed back home to pack up the dog and our mini cooler full of snacks for our 21 hour drive back to Wyoming. It was so great to have my dad there to help, Jayda adored him so I got to focus on getting everything we needed in the car in the right order (it's a killer to pack the fruit snacks and portable DVD player at the bottom of the pile, lol).

The first night we made it all the way to St. George, Utah. It was GORGEOUS and we went out for a Mother's Day dinner at Denny's (fancy, I know). The next morning we decided to hit Zion Park........IT WAS MARVELOUS!!!! We didn't get out because we still had about 12-13 hours of driving to still do but we drove through the park and went up the nasty, scary switch backs. I went there as a kid and it was just as awesome as I remembered it!


Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


We got to my home town (Thermopolis Wy) around 10:30, 11pm. My mommy and sister were here waiting for us and Jayda stayed up until 12am playing with her aunt Hannah and her boyfriend! She is definitely having a great time with all of her family out here. She has little cousin's around her age and so many grandparents waiting on her hand and foot. I have been very spoiled too :)

1 comment:

Barley Family said...

What a gorgeous drive! I'm glad you guys made it safe and sound. What troopers you guys are! You look great! :)

Amber