This was me last night. It sucked. It still sucks because I am only half way done cleaning up the mess. LOL! So instead I am here blogging about last night. Procrastination? Maybe.....but I would love to think I just have my priorities straight!

Ok, so let me set the stage for this amazing tale. Last night was a goodbye party to some wonderful friends. Bryan's ship is gone and my neighbor who usually baby sits was busy. Kelly didn't have a baby sitter either so I offered to watch her kids while she went! They were so amazingly great! Everyone was happy and went to bed really easy. At about half time I started getting the kids really excited about smoothies. We talked about what we were going to put in them and we even made up a song! They helped me pour stuff in and choose which yogurt to put in it.
Fast forward to the part where I turned the sucker on....that is when we were all splattered....and I mean SPLATTERED with smoothie. The poor kids had their hands on their ears covering them from the noise and no chance to defend themselves! My chest was covered and so the rest of the night I had gus begging to lick me because he thought I was hiding food.
It's a good thing I have a great sense of humor :) It was a pretty funny expierence that probably would have pushed me over the edge if the kids hadn't been so awesome!
Fast forward to the part where I turned the sucker on....that is when we were all splattered....and I mean SPLATTERED with smoothie. The poor kids had their hands on their ears covering them from the noise and no chance to defend themselves! My chest was covered and so the rest of the night I had gus begging to lick me because he thought I was hiding food.
It's a good thing I have a great sense of humor :) It was a pretty funny expierence that probably would have pushed me over the edge if the kids hadn't been so awesome!
6 comments:
We MISSED you Ashley!!!!
I have "been there, done that" with the blender.......YIKES...it bites!!
See you soon I hope:)
Ha, ha! That was really nice that you watched the kids for Kelly, and yes, you were missed.
Something tells me, dana wasn't blending smoothies...hmmm?
Wow! What a night. That was so nice of you to watch the kids. I hope you have a great date night tonight.
LOL, how funny, i am just waiting for me to do that as our one the lid dosn't even close properly. Are you sure you wornt hiding food from the dog.
You are such a trooper! And a great friend. I'm sorry things didn't go more smoothly for you---sorry, couldn't resist the corny pun. If Kingsley would have been there, he would have thought it was hilarious and that you were trying to be goofy on purpose---hope the kids got a little kick out of it.
What happened? Did you fill it to high? It was so nice of you to watch the kids!
Post a Comment