The first HUGE happening was that Jayda's daddy, and my best friend came home after a 6 month deployment. He came home at 4:30pm and it was a KILLER to sit around all day and just wait.........thank god for Jenn and Jakob, she came over and occupied our time to make sure I didn't completely flip out! It was a great day and I am so happy to have my best friend home. He is my hero and it was sure lonely without him but completely worth it. Jayda did great with him. She was a little nervous with all the commotion at the pier but as soon as we got home she was immediately his little side kick once again. She is so happy to have her daddy home. Here are some pictures of the day!





And then, 6 days after Mr. Griffin came home, we moved ourselves into Military Housing. Thank GOD for my mommy, she came out and kept an eye on Jayda so that both of us could focus on getting moved quickly. We love our house although we are still not unpacked ( Mr Griffin decided to knock me up too soon!!!). But we are still loving being together in our new house, with our new backyard. Jayda has so much fun playing with her daddy outside and helping him take care of the lawn and trees. She is definitely a daddy's girl!
I still feel like i haven't recovered from all of this. It took a HUGE toll and now that I am pregnant, i just feel like life is STILL not back to normal. Although I am sorely aware that the new "normal" will be drastically different.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh ...these are the most WONDERFUL pictures.......:)
What great pictures, Ashley! I love them! Since Michael isn't attached to a ship, we only get to have glamourous reunions at the San Diego airport... lol.
I got your blogspot address from the MTSD website, and have it bookmarked now! A link to our blog is under my profile. You've done a great job with the blog!
Hope you are feeling better! We miss seeing you!
Post a Comment